Thursday, 12 April 2012

What I'm Wearing: Aubergine and Sheers


Skirt- BDG
Top- Forever 21
Necklace- Forever 21
Oxfords- Aldo
Bra- (JK)... (La Senza)

This skirt is recycled. I don't mean the material; it's from the BDG line at Urban Outfitters so I'm fairly certain that means it's made from several highly synthetic fibres fabricated in a sweat shop with a poor history of human rights violations somewhere. What I mean to say is that I have had this skirt since the olden days--(so, 2009)--and at the rate of turnover that generally prevails in my closet, its staying power is frankly a feat to rival the prevailing idiocy of the Santorum sweater vest trend... but let's not talk about it.

Not to sound like someone who "did ____ before it was cool" but I honestly was wearing this skirt before high-waisted skirts became cool. I still remember the comments: "You look like a figure skater" was a pretty common one, but it came from the kind of boy who wore pre-tattered baseball hats free with the purchase of a 12-pack of Coors Light, so I wasn't overly concerned.

Anyway, do look below for two images of me donning this skirt three years ago whilst visiting Versailles. Excuse the poor image quality--camera technology wasn't what it is now. And do turn a blind eye to the Lululemon tote and oversized sunglasses. I was young. I was foolish. It was in.



No comments:

Post a Comment